The KONG Puppy Teething Stick™ is made with unique KONG Classic puppy rubber. The Denta-Ridges™ gently clean teeth and soothe sore gums when chewed. Fill them with Peanut Butter to encourage long-lasting play sessions. Playing with the Puppy Teething Stick™ helps teach puppies appropriate chewing behavior. Use with puppies until they reach 9 months, then they can graduate to KONG Classic Rubber toys.
- Soft KONG Puppy Rubber soothes sore teeth and gums
- Helps clean puppy teeth and soothe sore gums while chewing
- Stuff Denta-Ridges™ with treats; pastes or peanut butter to extend playtime
- For dogs up to nine months of age
- Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials.
It’s estimated that over 80% of dogs over 3 years of age have some form of dental disease. Accumulate of bacteria in the mouth contribute to dental disease including gum disease (periodontal disease - inflammation and infection of the tissues surrounding the teeth). Without regular attention and awareness of ways in which to prevent gum disease, your pet could develop a painful condition where the dog’s teeth become loose and may need to be pulled out (extracted).
1. Brushing your pet's teeth daily
2. Providing your pet with dental chews: when a dog chews or gnaws for a period of time, the salivary glands are stimulated and more saliva is produced and released into the mouth. Saliva has antibacterial properties, which in combination with the scrubbing effect from the dog chew, can help control the buildup of plaque, and therefore the development of periodontal disease.
3. Dental examination at the vet regularly
1. Supervised play - all toys can pose a risk if your dog swallows parts of them (or the whole toy), therefore we recommend supervised play to keep your dog safe whilst playing.
2. Replace damaged toys - sharp or frayed edges can cause injuries to your dog and should be replaced. Damaged toys should be discarded.
3. Buy toy sizes that are appropriate. You wouldn’t buy an oversized chew toy for a chihuahua. Likewise, a toy that’s too small for a larger dog could be a potential choking hazard. Find the right size of dog toy for your pet to maximize safety and enjoyment.
1. Soak in warm water with dish soap to loosen leftovers
2. Use bottle brush or old toothbrush to remove stubborn bits inside, rinse or, wash in the top rack of the dishwasher.