Twistix Large Dog Treats are perfect for any dog, any time. Made with great ingredients, these low-fat dental treats offer irresistible flavor and incredible Triple Action teeth-cleaning power that helps remove tartar and plaque while providing fresh breath. Give your furry friend a tasty treat and minty-fresh breath you both can feel good about!
- Freshens your dog's breath
- Triple action cleaning power removes plaque and tartar buildup through chewing
- The twisted shape stimulates the gum tissue
- Made without wheat or corn making them especially great for dogs with certain sensitivities.
- The green section of these twists contains vanilla, peppermint, parsley, and chlorophyll to naturally freshen breath. Whilst the benefits of vanilla and peppermint in freshening the breath are well known, a star ingredient is chlorophyll. Chlorophyll helps to cleanse all the cells of the body, fight infection, heal wounds, build the immune system and detoxify all systems, particularly the liver and the digestive system.
- The white section of these twisty treats contains sodium hexametaphosphate, which adds an extra boost of cleaning power for your canine companion’s teeth and overall dental hygiene.
It’s estimated that over 80% of dogs over 3 years of age have some form of dental disease. Accumulate of bacteria in the mouth contribute to dental disease including gum disease (periodontal disease - inflammation and infection of the tissues surrounding the teeth).
Without regular attention and awareness of ways in which to prevent gum disease, your pet could develop a painful condition where the dog’s teeth become loose and may need to be pulled out (extracted).
Here are some of the way to help look after your pet's teeth and prevent dental disease:
1. Brushing your pet's teeth daily
2. Providing your pet with dental chews: when a dog chews or gnaws for a period of time, the salivary glands are stimulated and more saliva is produced and released into the mouth. Saliva has antibacterial properties, which in combination with the scrubbing effect from the dog chew, can help control the buildup of plaque, and therefore the development of periodontal disease.
3. Dental examination at the vet regularly.
Twistix Dental Treats are intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
The amount of treats appropriate for your dog depends on the type of treat and your dog’s age, health status, activity level, and size. A general guideline is that treats should make up less than 10 percent of your dog's daily food intake. Whilst 1-2 dental treats is a general guide, be mindful of the size and calorie makeup of that particular treat to determine the optimal quantity for your pet.
Yes, this product is suitable for puppies. However, as a general guide, we recommend giving treats to your puppy once it is 8 weeks or older.
Simply take out of the packet and give it directly to your dog. As with all treats and food, feeding your dog under supervision is recommended.